Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Am a Nigerian Scientist. I Need Your Help Processing a $9,500,000 Climate Research Grant

WSJ.com Best of the Web Today 2/21/12:


If the Puffington Host requires a clean criminal record as a prerequisite for its writers, Peter Gleick, president of the global-warmist Pacific Institute, would qualify. He hasn't been convicted of anything. But on the pages of the PuffHo, he admits to what sounds like a serious crime:
At the beginning of 2012, I received an anonymous document in the mail describing what appeared to be details of the Heartland Institute's climate program strategy. . . . I attempted to confirm the accuracy of the information in this document. In an effort to do so, and in a serious lapse of my own professional judgment and ethics, I solicited and received additional materials directly from the Heartland Institute under someone else's name.
Why did he do it? Things got a little out of hand. It's just this war and that lying son of a bitch, Johnson:
My judgment was blinded by my frustration with the ongoing efforts -- often anonymous, well-funded, and coordinated -- to attack climate science and scientists and prevent this debate, and by the lack of transparency of the organizations involved.
We always knew global warming was a scam, but we didn't realize till now that it's an identity-theft scam.

1 comment:

  1. Hah! To really show your movie-reference genius though, you need to work in a quote from Princess Bride. Something like:

    "Have fun storming the castle!"

    See how I did that? And I even made it somewhat climatically relevant!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete