1. Climate Change Will Affect the Asian Water Towers
- IPCC claim of Himalayan glacier melt by 2035:
- "overstated by several hundred years"
- "impact less than anticipated"
- IPCC false claims were "a first-rate disaster"
- "some scientists saw the error and tried to alert senior authors, but it was "too late" to get the report corrected"
2. 100-year mass changes in the Swiss Alps linked to the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation
- "half of the glacier loss in the Swiss Alps is due to natural climate variability— a result likely to be true for glaciers around the world."
- "current glacier retreat might be equally due to natural climate variations as it is to anthropogenic greenhouse warming."
- "Glacier mass loss was particularly rapid in the 1940s and since the 1980s. "
3. Is the recessional pattern of Himalayan glaciers suggestive of anthropogenically induced global warming?
- "the rate of recession of most of the glaciers in general is on decline"
- "These observations are in contradiction to the widely popularized concept of anthropogenically induced global warming."
- "It is believed that the rise of temperature of around 0.6°C since mid-nineteenth century is a part of decadal to centennial-scale climatic fluctuations that have been taking place on this Earth for the past few thousands of years."
h/t Tom Nelson
Post a Comment