"I (@dana1981) presented a poster (which can be viewed in the ePosters) outlining effective methods to communicate science via social media, based on our consensus paper communications success. Cook also discussed communicating the rapid continuation of global warming in terms people can visualize, like 4 Hiroshima atomic bomb detonations per second. For those who prefer a cuddlier comparison, Cook converted this to units of kitten sneezes – 7.4 quadrillion per second."
My comment "in moderation" at The Guardian:
Kitten sneezes or Hiroshima bombs, the fact is the 0.09C ocean warming over the past 55 years [Levitus et al 2012] proves that:
1. The IPCC exaggerates effect of man on climate by more than 5 times
2. The warming is not from longwave infrared from increased greenhouse gases
3. Due the 1st and 2nd laws, an ocean that is 0.09C warmer can only warm the atmosphere by an additional 0.09C.
4. Douglass & Knox disproved the assumptions behind the Kitten/Hiroshima analogy used by Cook/Nuccitelli
5. Why the 'one Hiroshima bomb every four seconds' claim is another AGW lie