Monday, April 29, 2013

Warmist Mark Lynas asks forgiveness for unscientific crusade against genetically-modified crops

Pie-throwing environmentalist Mark Lynas, a longtime vocal leader of the anti-biotechnology movement, acknowledged at a recent farming conference he has unjustly demonized biotechnology and was wrong to oppose genetic crop improvements. Lynas helped create the anti-biotechnology movement in the 1990s and spent more than a decade sowing public fear about genetically modified crops. “So I guess you’ll be wondering—what happened between 1995 and now that made me not only change my mind but come here and admit it?” said Lynas. “Well, the answer is fairly simple: I discovered science, and in the process I hope I became a better environmentalist.” Will Lynas now admit his global-warming scaremongering has also harmed the poor and is not supported by science?

Anti-GMO Leader Asks Forgiveness for Unscientific Crusade

April 10, 2013 by Jeff Edgens

No comments:

Post a Comment